Tuesday 3 July 2007

Vroom vroom!

I'm not really a car person. They are just things to get me from A to B and hopefully don't cost much in order to do it. My lack of interest often stops potential 'blokey' conversations stone dead ...

Driving Missed Boolbar
A play in one act.

DRAMATIS PERSONAE
BOOLBAR, your humble blogger, head full of fluff
BLOKEY BLOKE, a typical bloke, head full of carburettors, alloys and fuel injection

Act 1, scene 1

[Setting : A typical office]

Blokey bloke : So what sort of car do you drive
Boolbar : A small blue one.


(cue tumbleweed)


[Exeunt]

I enjoyed my first two (original) minis as they were rather cute, despite the rust. My current spate of KAs are nippy, you don't have to take out a mortgage to buy new tyres, and you can get a 6 foot long wooden gate into one, providing you can drive with your head bent down looking through the steering wheel.

A few months ago I spotted a rather nice looking car, rather retro, nice pale blue colour, going the other way. I have seen a few others since then and could never see what type of car it was. There was no obvious name on the back and only a tiny symbol on the front, which when you are moving was hard to define (or my eyesight is fading.)

Yesterday on the way to the swimming pool I passed one parked on the side of the road, hit the brakes and reversed back up to it. The word "Figaro" was embossed in the chrome on its rear.
A quick webby search revealed it is the Nissan Figaro, a retro styled car from 1991. Second hand cars are being imported into this country and are gaining cult status. I want one!



I also find myself strangely drawn to these nice pink versions. Cute!

Trouble is I can't even afford a bicycle at the moment.

No comments: