Sunday 28 September 2008

DIY > 40

DIY causes backache, sore limbs, dust in eyes, cuts, bruises. Well it does once you get to your 40s. It seems that once the 30s are left behind, then your body really isn't designed to do much more than eat, sleep and suck boiled sweets (which I suddenly realised that I had started to do again). You appreciate a bit of warmth in the winter to avoid cramps, and a bit of cool in the summer to avoid heatstroke.
Policemen really do look far too young. You start to become grumpy about silly things; such as youngsters. You realise that you left University over half a lifetime ago. You fall asleep on the sofa again before "Later With Jules Holland" started.

Ignoring my grumps, I am glad that we seem to be getting an Autumn this year. I've always liked Spring and Autumn, and just lately, they both seem to be shrinking as we bounce straight from Winter to Summer and back again.

No comments: