Saturday 12 May 2007

Kid's stuff


As a child I spent many a happy hour making things out of lego. Castles, cars, trains, spaceships, all out of those little coloured plastic bricks. However I never thought of doing anything like this version of Escher's Relativity. Yep, people make the strangest things out of lego.




When I was older I got into Origami and made many a flapping bird and many other animals. Nowadays it has become part of spaceship design and people have developed it to make
extremely complex models, like this dragon with folded scales. (Although the site is in Japanese, it is easy to navigate. Check out the insects!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That dragon is amazing.

The strangest thing I ever made out of Lego was a working crossbow. :)

Anonymous said...

Although not as good as that crossbow I just saw on that link you posted!

Boolbar said...

Lego has advanced somewhat, the most impressive thing I had was a lego brick with a bulb inside. Now you get bluetooth bricks.