Monday 21 May 2007

Strange Fruit (& Veg)

<Start seductive voiceover and Santana music> This isn't just a blog post, this is the finest blog post made from my memories of the weirdest Norfolk folk and carefully stolen images from google image search . . . .
</enough of that!>


While in Marks & Spencer on Saturday, I found my way somewhat blocked by four old people standing in the fruit and veg section. I sneaked past them to grab some greens and noticed that they were standing in a line, not speaking, and staring very intently at the vegetables. I then went to get some choccy cake, bread and wine (good diet!) and a few minutes later went back down the fruit and veg, past the same four people still staring at the vegetables. One of them finally spoke: "There aren't enough vegetables here, let's go to the farm shop instead."


Had I stumbled upon the British entry in the International Fruit & Vegetable Staring Contest having a training session? Are they now in a farm shop staring some poor carrots and pears into submission? Or is this just a popular pastime in Norfolk?


Anyway - I asked some fruit and veg for their comments.






 


Lovely pea picture found here

5 comments:

Eden said...

The mind boggles -- how many did they think they needed? just love Norfolk pastimes.

Anonymous said...

First LOLcats, now LOLFruit... brilliant. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey really nice website, I noticed your website when doing study on some methods to develop my web log. I was simply inquiring which spam software system you use for comments as I get tons on my site.

Boolbar said...

[^Anonymous] 'Blogger' has its own spam software. It missed the one before yours however and put yours in the spam bin! On the whole it works though.