Thursday 30 August 2007

Happiness is a warm bun

My buns are thoroughly warmed by the news that Nigella is back on the tele' this Monday. I really shouldn't go all gooey over a posh daughter of a Tory, but somehow Nigella strikes home. She even makes me cook, in the same way that Rachel De Thame makes me garden and Kate Bush makes me listen to her music. (Ok, that last one doesn't quite fit the pattern.)

I do notice that when it comes to having any sort of a crush on anyone, it is usually dark haired ladies of around my age. I liked schoolgirls when I was at school, 30 year olds when I was 30 and now a bevy of 40 year olds now I am 40 (and a wee bit). I can't wait until I'm 80 and start lusting over those hunched up grannies with their zimmers.

 

Anyway I am glad to see Nigella back in the kitchen. That daytime chat show she tried a couple of years ago made me laugh at how bad it was. It was close to being a spoof.

No comments: