Sunday 1 April 2007

Ye Olde Boolbar

Something is making me feel middle-aged.
Now was it getting up bright and early on Saturday to get to town by 9am, to avoid the crowds? (Well, King's Lynn at noon is not a pretty sight, and the bakers might sell out of buns if I'm not there soon enough).
Was it going to a garden centre and thinking that a water butt would be useful?
Or was it taking to a cauliflower in the supermarket? (it was a particularly splendid example of cauliflowerhood, so it deserved a "hmm, you'll do nicely").
I do seem to be talking to myself (or to inanimate objects) far too much just lately. And falling asleep in front of the TV.
At least I do go and see some up-to-date music, like Muse. Although at their last gig (Birmingham) a lot of the audience seemed to be families, and many looked older then I. I remember being at a Muse gig back in 2000 where I felt like the oldest swinger in town, now I must be pretty average . . . or at least pretty :)
I guess I'll have to find some other modern beat combo to listen to, just to keep my street cred. Like these Articulated Monkeys or Kaiser Chefs I keep hearing of.

No comments: